I chose to address the topic of homelessness in my art, specifically the stigmas that surround homelessness. There is a misconception that people who are not homeless often express that it should be easy to get off the streets if you “just get a job”. In my art piece I address the problems with this statement, and the setbacks that prevent homeless people from being able to get a job and to move off the streets. I started with a drawing of a person reaching for a stable house, but they encounter many obstacles in their way like; drug addiction, lack of clean clothes, lack of money to buy clean clothes, lack of food, lack of water, and lack of access to education. These are just a few of the many challenges homeless people face when trying to get a job, and many people don’t realize how hard it is to actually acquire a stable job that provides an individual with enough money to buy a house. The top part of my drawing depicts a stable home with a family, a consistent income, food, a bed, and a laptop. These images all represent what the individual in my drawing desires, each one is a symbol for success and stability. This art piece is meant to bring awareness to the hardships of being homeless, and to alleviate the unjust blame that the system puts on homeless people.