The dangers of the Cigarette

I wanted to focus my first blog on Camel tobacco products, primarily cigarettes but chew as well, the drug in these products is nicotine.

Here’s an ad from today, focused more on showing options and variety or new features with cigarettes filtration.

And Here’s an old Camel ad from the 60’s to show you a little more about Camel cigarettes and the history of the cigarette. It’s crazy to see how advertising has shifted to showing variety of products rather than speak about health issues. (likely because today we all know cigarettes are unhealthy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCMzjJjuxQI

History of the Camel

Camel cigarettes were invented by R.J. Reynolds in 1913. They contain a blend of both Turkish and Virginian tobacco and the brand was founded Winston-Salem, North Carolina (Camel city).

Reynolds mission at Camel was to sell a prepackaged cigarette because at the time, most people rolled their own. By using Turkish papers, Reynolds could sell his cigarettes for cheaper and within a year he had sold 425 million packs of Camel cigarettes. Early on, ads consisted of “healthier cigarettes” and doctor recommended cigarettes due to the fact that people didn’t know about the health effects of smoking. It wasn’t until 1987 that Joe Camel, the mascot for the brand, was created. With joe Camel around, advertisements became more recognizable and the company continued to grow only now known for the Camel. This was a logical advertisement idea because it tied the product to a brand with a very recognizable character.

Ads back then and even today attract a very wide audience. Because so many people used to smoke, and so many types of people still do it’s easy to make adds for current smokers. To do this Camel has implemented a lot of variety into their products. Different flavors or kinds of cigarettes have been marketed to fit every users wants and maybe steal users from other brands that don’t have as many options. As well as, like in the video, ads with doctors or celebrities that smoke a brand to influence people to smoke that brand because it is doctor recommended or their favorite actor is. Another common way to advertise was by showing a hard worker get off work and “relax” with a nice cigarette, this is a common theme and a good hook for people who work hard or have stressful jobs because they may be looking for something to take the edge off.

However, other than the audience of current smokers, new electronic cigarettes and nicotine juices have come out lately that attract a younger, newer crowd. These new products and advertisements have attracted kids or young adults that wouldn’t have otherwise smoked.

Whats in a Cigarette?

The active ingredient found in tobacco and other tobacco products is nicotine. Nicotine is a highly addictive substance. Because of the tobacco market in American and its extensive history, nicotine is quite a common drug. Considered a stimulant, about 36 million people in the united states ingest a form of nicotine (Current Cigarette…). One main thing that nicotine does to your body upon use is that it narrows the arteries in your body causing blood pressure to rise (otherwise known as vasoconstriction). While this is a main symptom of nicotine use it does many other things as well; speeds up your heart rate, can improve memory and reflexes, as well as speeding up your metabolism and breathing.

So whats killing smokers?

While nicotine is the substance that gives people the desired effects of smoking, it’s not the main health issue with smoking. Yes, smaller arteries and a high blood pressure makes a heart attack or stroke more likely but the most common effects that smoking has on people is lung, throat or mouth cancer or a collapsed lung. These symptoms occur from the constant smoke that smokers inhale and exhale and the harsh chemicals and carcinogens that are in the smoke. Around 480,000 people die every year from a smoking related death. That’s one in five people that die per year due to smoking (Current Cigarette…).

Yet we obviously don’t hear about this from companies and their advertisements.

No, they focus on keeping that information hush and preaching the stuff that will sell their product. They preach using words like: variety, choices, mild, and relaxing. These are all words that come with positive connotations and are often paired with adjectives that make them seem cooler or more desirable.

With that, they also try and disguise the same product in different forms. They have longer cigarettes, shorter ones, light or mild and strong or heavy, they use these words to make the product seem different when in reality the difference is hardly there.

Another technique that’s used is minor improvements to a cigarette whether it be a better filter or its capability to burn slower.

My thoughts

Tobacco or cigarettes are a substance that I would never recommend to somone else. They are highly addictive, with research showing that you crave another one just minutes after smoking and they have extreme potential health concerns that all can lead to death. In my opinion the risk isn’t worth the buzz and cigarettes shouldn’t ever be recommended to someone.

A brief history of tobacco. (n.d.). Retrieved October 25, 2017, from            http://edition.cnn.com/US/9705/tobacco/history/

Current Cigarette Smoking Among Adults in the United States. (2016, December 01). Retrieved October 25, 2017, from             https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/adult_data/cig_smoking/inde           x.htm

History. (n.d.). Retrieved October 25, 2017, from http://www.rjrt.com/transforming-      tobacco/history/

71 thoughts on “The dangers of the Cigarette

1. The FDA’s attempts to get rid of menthol have repeatedly been delayed or derailed by forces inside and outside the government. I think they think that the tax money from tobacco will be wasted. They think about the tax and don’t even care for the lives of the people. Lung cancer is rising so they should ban this tobacco so we can save more lives. Directory Listing

2. Smoking causes cancer, heart disease, stroke, lung diseases, diabetes, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), which includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis. Smoking also increases the risk for tuberculosis, certain eye diseases, and problems of the immune system, including rheumatoid arthritis.https://www.towingaurora.net/

3. I agree. The first study found that vaping can worsen several heart disease risk factors at levels equal to tobacco cigarettes, while the second found that e-cigarettes decrease blood flow in the heart even more than tobacco cigarettes.
    Greeley Roofing Company

4. Absolutely! Smoking cigarettes can damage the heart, blood vessels, and blood cells. The chemicals and tar in cigarettes can increase a person’s risk of atherosclerosis, which is the buildup of plaque in the blood vessels. This buildup limits blood flow and can lead to dangerous blockages.
    https://www.denverfencingpros.com/

5. Very entertaining I’m smoking while reading this. Remember folks we all will die someday. Besides how many people die due to alcohol related car accidents each year. Smoking is far less harmful to others.

6. I agree. Today we see how smoking holds every smoker in slavery, whether a young person, a man or a woman, youth or adult. This is clear in the fact that every smoker finds it very hard to quit.
    Stamped Concrete Greeley

7. Amazing blog, I’m very happy to read this blog. Basically, I know new many things to read this blog. I strongly believe that the blog delivers the best information to its audience.

8. This is 11 percent among light smokers and 7 percent among non-smokers. Life expectancy decreases by 13 years on average for heavy smokers compared to people who have never smoked.
    href=”https://www.dotaseo.com/best-private-tutor-in-denver-colorado”>Best private tutor in Denver Co

9. My grandpa was a heavy smoker when he was younger, been smoking for almost 50 years, he had trouble breathing and had to go to the clinic for health care every month. Soon after, he developed lung cancer and family had worried he might not live longer even doctor said he might last less than 2 or 3 years if it doesn’t get better. Now that was 20 years ago, he, quit smoking right after he got out of the hospital now he’s over 80 and he is the most healthiest old man in the family. Lakewood Roofers

10. Thank you for bringing up this important topic. It seems to me that many people simply neglect any knowledge about their health. This is the only way I can explain the fact that even during the coronavirus pandemic, people still continue to smoke cigarettes and other types of tobacco. This is very stupid. It seems to me that we are simply already used to advertising and to all the scary pictures that show the consequences of smoking tobacco. And this is awful. But it’s good at least that now we already know for sure about the dangers of such an action, and do not tell how cool it is.
    cannabis seeds

11. I’ve been searching for hours on this topic and finally found your post. baccaratsite, I have read your post and I am very impressed. We prefer your opinion and will visit this site frequently to refer to your opinion. When would you like to visit my site?

12. Metro shoes offers their customers the highest quality hand bags for girls and hand carry bags Get the best available ladies handbags in Pakistan, today So, buy only the best hand carry bags online from Metro shoes.

13. Servis brings an amazing collection of Men Slipper online in Pakistan. They are typically made from soft and comfortable materials. Order your favorite slippers online in all over Pakistan at reasonable prices.

14. Check out the best collection of luxury formals dresses for women at Sifa. Explore the variety of formal dresses online at Sifa. Order your favorite luxury dresses online at reasonable prices.

15. Hive Metrics is the Best digital marketing agency that provides, SEO services, social media, technical services, and more. We focus on quality design, creative thinking, strong knowledge, standard practices, and progressive technology to develop distinctive solutions. Contact us today to learn more about what we can do for you!

16. If you’re searching for the best marijuana store near me, you’re at the right place! At Royal Leafs, you can find plenty of Cannabis products such as Cannabis pre-rolls, raw and milled flowers, drinks, and accessories such as bongs and vapes of the highest quality.

17. Really amazing post. I am really satisfied with this type of information. We know that the internet has a lot of information. But every piece of information is not informative. For many days I have been searching for that type of information that is informative. I am very glad to read this content.

18. Thank you very much for sharing such knowledgeable information! Native-Smokes is a cigarette company providing the highest quality tobacco and the best smokes in Canada . With over years of experience in the business, Native-Smokes provides customers with a reliable, safe, and enjoyable smoking experience. Their selection of premium tobacco and innovative products is unmatched in the industry. You can take advantage of free shipping on orders over $149.99+.

19. Once you have found the appropriate phone number, you can call Ticketmaster Phone Number Customer Service to speak with a customer service representative who can assist you with your issue. It’s important to have any relevant information, such as your order number, on hand when you call to help expedite the process.

20. We know that the internet has a lot of information. But every piece of information is not informative. For many days I have been searching for that type of information. But I am not satisfied with the other website information. But I am very happy to read this content.

21. Several websites I come across on the internet, I don’t really trust their information. But the information on your website seems credible to me. But I am very happy to read this information.

22. Growing your following organically can be a slow and difficult process. That’s where SMM Panel One comes in. With Our affordable prices and instant delivery, you can Buy Instagram Followers for as little as $0.19. These followers are real people who will engage with your content, helping to boost your profile’s credibility and increase your reach. And if you have any questions or concerns, Our friendly 24/7 customer support team is always available to assist you.

23. Really amazing post. I am really satisfied with this type of information. We know that the internet has a lot of information. But every piece of information is not informative. For many days I have been searching for that type of information that is informative. I am very glad to read this content.

24. Step into style with our collection of formal shoes for women. Our selection features a variety of classic designs that are perfect for the office, special occasions, and everyday wear. Shop now for the best quality materials and comfortable fits.

25. Let’s get blooming with House of flowers! Our wide selection of fresh flowers is sure to bring a smile to your face. Whether you’re celebrating a special event or just looking to add a touch of beauty to your home, our selection of high-quality flowers is sure to make an impression. With our unbeatable prices and free delivery, you’ll be able to find the perfect bloom for any occasion. Shop now and bring joy today!

26. A proper food and situation is formed for the inquisitive means for the citizens. Value of the Allotalk is held for the shines. The characteristics are ensured for the turns. Option is evaluated for the middle of the terms for the citizens.

27. La storia del marchio che è diventato uno status symbol è principalmente legata al suo fondatore ufficiale, il tedesco Hans Wilsdorf, iwc replica che decise di creare “Wilsdorf & Davis” a Londra nel 1905 all’età di 24 anni. Avviare la propria attività specializzandosi nella produzione di altoparlanti . Distribuzione commerciale di orologi e orologi.
    Wilsdorf registrò il marchio Rolex il 2 luglio 1908 e aprì la sua sede a La Chaux-de-Fonds, prima di trasferirsi a Bienne nel

28. Bela postagem. Costumava verificar constantemente este weblog e estou impressionado! Informações extremamente úteis, especialmente a seção final 🙂 Eu cuido muito dessas informações.

https://www.sportstotozone.com/
    Eu estava procurando por essa determinada informação por um longo tempo. Obrigado e boa sorte.

29. Ogni orologio incarna la storia e lo spirito del marchio. Il valore della collezione degli orologi tag heuer replica lusso continua ad aumentare nel tempo, diventando una risorsa con potenziale valore di investimento.

30. يعمل فني ستلايت الكويت على توفير شاشات سمارت متعددة الأحجام ، تصليح شاشات باناسونك ، نعالجة مشاكل تشوه الصورة ، ضبط الصوت ، توفير ميكروفون ، كفر بلاستيك للشاشات

فني رسيفر

31. Great web site you have here.. It’s hard to find high-quality writing like yours these days. Thank you for your articles. I find them very helpful. I really appreciate people like you! Take care!!
    Karya Bintang Abadi