Heart Disease

Heart Disease is the number one cause of death in the United States; it is also one of the most preventable. Most contributory factors are consistent with lifestyle choices and dietary habits. Heart disease is also closely tied to obesity and lack of physical activity. Our presentation is constructed to express the preventable risk factors and steps to take to reduce those issues. Using information from the American Heart Association and others, we hope to provide you with enough information to spark your interest and take charge to make a change.

15 thoughts on “Heart Disease

1. The layout of the Prezi was great! I thought the tips about healthy eating was good and the suggestions for the different meals of the day; what you could do for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I liked when you covered why people choose the certain foods that they do. I think that cost does play a huge factor in grocery shopping. People who cannot afford to buy a lot of groceries do not normally buy the most nutritious foods and that is a real problem. Overall, it was very informative and fun to watch/learn!

2. Great choice of background! The heart rate behind everything is completely relevant to the message. There is lots of good information in the Prezi and is definitely worth taking the time to watch.

3. I liked that there was suggestions for what a person could eat for meals during the day.I also felt like there was a lot of different opinions on whats good to eat which was a great idea but almost felt a little over bearing.

4. Your layout looks good with the heart rate! I enjoyed how you didn’t just say to eat healthy but gave actual examples for each meal.

5. The flipping throughout the prezi was a really cool touch. I really liked that, and it kept the prezi interesting.

6. Lots of information and interesting movement for the display! I would suggest that you give a little more of an intro in to heart disease in the Prezi so people fully understand what it is and aren’t just thrown into risk factors.

7. I really liked the approach y’all took! The options you gave worked for any group of people, so the workers could easily apply it to their life outside of work.

8. I just loved the template you used for the prezi. It was really cool for your topic and I loved the way it jumped around. The presentation was very unique. The information was presented very well. It seemed like the information was focused on prevention, but it would’ve been cool if there was at least a resource for those who already had Heart Disease and need help.

9. Wish the link opened up in a new tab but this was a well put together prezi! I liked the transcript at the bottom that explained what you were going to say at the lunch and learn.

10. Considering that heart disease is the number one killer in America specifically I think that it is a really important topic to discuss with our population. Educating others about ways to prevent this disease like this presentation does, is the best way to lower the number of deaths that result.

11. Great Prezi!

I especially enjoyed the fact you provided that 10% of the average American’s income is spent on fast food! That is absurd. I thought the transitions from slide to slide were interesting. I also liked the Red-Yellow-Green plate idea. Lots of information and had great progression. Lots of exercise is a great way to combat heart disease, so I thought I’d provide one of my favorite work out videos, enjoy!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6Na7DqzS-c

12. I love the layout and overall look of this! Your group explored the depths of Prezi and it’s clear that you knew how to keep things interesting. My only critique would be that there is a lot of information on each slide, and it did get a little bit wordy. But all of the information on there was great, and I liked how you included possible options for each meal throughout the day.