Meat and Cancer Brochure

6a00d8341d417153ef01bb088821a2970d-800wi

Research demonstrates that a diet filled with red and processed meat leads to a higher chance of obtaining colorectal cancer. And although it may not seem to be the most appealing news, this isn’t baloney! A correlation has also been shown with pancreatic, stomach, and prostate cancers as well.

Meanwhile, the average American is consuming 37 ounces of red and processed meat per week when the recommended amount is only 18 ounces—putting many of our citizens at great risk.

What do we do then!? Stay away from bacon? (God forbid). Eat only vegetables? (Eww). Exercise for three hours a day? (Ain’t nobody got time for that!). On the other hand, instead of trying to completely rewire our daily schedules and eating habits in order to prevent the potential of cancer from occurring, what we as Americans need to learn is moderation. Although this may be a foreign concept in our culture, eating less red and processed meats and consuming more organic and lean meats will lessen the amount of carcinogens (cancer-causing agents) that enters our bodies, and keep us away from the potential of obtaining cancer. Our brochure aims to further educate all Americans on these concepts and to help create a change in our diets.

Loader Loading...
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Download

9 thoughts on “Meat and Cancer Brochure

1. You had a great couple of introduction paragraphs to draw readers into opening your brochure. They were easy to read and funny. It was such an interesting idea to focus specifically on meat and cancer. I appreciated you giving alternative protein options and ideas for meal planning, in an effort to avoid eating excess meat. You really highlighted the idea of moderation. Nice brochure!

2. Excellent! I am so glad you were so specific in relating cancer to meat consumption. We’ve all heard and seen so much about cancer, but hearing about it linked with meat consumption is still a new and interesting topic to me. It is also a problem in our society that most people do not realize. This brochure gets people thinking about their own eating habits in a specific enough category so that we do not get overwhelmed. This way, people can analyze one behavior and change it accordingly.

3. I can tell your target audience just from looking at the brochure and that is really important! I thought that it was really neat that you included activities related to the topic on the brochure as well. I hadn’t ever thought of that before, very clever!!! This brochure was well thought out, and done well. Good job!

4. When you talk about sodium nitrite levels in meat, I would have liked a bit more in-depth info on that like if it’s just listed as sodium on the nutritional facts.

5. After reading this, I think I’ll stay away from processed meat. It seems like lately, we’ve been told that red meat is super good for us but I guess moderation is relevant in everything including this. It was a great idea to include meal planning ideas in there though; giving people alternatives to eating healthy while still getting in the needed protein. Nice work!