Diabetes

Are you a victim of the freshman 15?
Excess fat (Hello, freshman 15!) will increase one’s body fat percentage and then they could be considered overweight/obese, which can cause insulin resistance. Diabetes is related to the disruption in the body’s process of  creating and/or using insulin.  In other words, excess fat is related to insulin resistance and diabetes.
Analysis of diabetes is critical because the disease is the seventh leading cause of death in the U.S. Shocking statistics reveal that there are as much as 86 million U.S. adults who are at risk of having diabetes (prediabetes) and 29 million U.S. adults who currently have diabetes.
In conclusion, diabetes is important because there are more than 100 million U.S. adults who are affected by the disease. In the video below, we will educate you further on the relationship between excess fat/diabetes, share prevention tips, and discuss about one of the gruesome side effects of the disease. . . AMPUTATION!

16 thoughts on “Diabetes

1. Very interesting choice of topic! I would have never guessed that you would have chosen college age students for your PSA. Very serious tone and you had great diagrams throughout the video. Great Job!

2. I liked the videos of the nutritional facts! I think this really brings it home to what kinds of foods/nutrients can cause disease!

3. I liked your examples of the doll and puppy to communicate the effects of diabetes. Also, great job on picking out facts that stick out.

4. Very serious tone works in some ways but also makes the video less exciting and engaging. I think the content was spot on, but the delivery was the only thing that could have used a shift.

5. I didn’t get to do any of our projects on diabetes so I didn’t learn a lot of facts about it. I wasn’t aware that 1 in 11 people will get diagnosed! that’s such a high number. I really liked the visual fact illustrations in your movie, very good job and very factual.

6. We gain 5% of our body weight our freshman year? That’s crazy and actually super disgusting. I think it would’ve been helpful to show us what exactly in a typical college diet is causing this weight gain…beer, unhealthy snacking, etc. And showing us healthy alternatives. Good job though!

7. You guys have a really cool intro. I like the theme of targeting college students, and addressing various food groups and choices related to diabetes. The facts you use are also very intriguing. However, using a few of the video effects would enhance the overall presentation of the video. Imovie has a lot of unique features that would help bolster the entertainment of the video.

8. I like how you incorporated different examples of foods that in excess can contribute to diabetes because it gives people an idea of foods that they can avoid especially when on a college campus

9. I really liked the subject of your PSA. I think that targeting prediabetes in college students was a good idea. There was a good variety of footage of different topics. The audio was clear and the visuals weren’t too shaky. Overall, I think that it was a clear and informative PSA.

10. I really like how there was real life footage of products you see in a store- it shows how relevant it is to our lives. I also really liked the comparison between animal and human amputees- it was cute but then sad which had a good impact.

11. I liked your use of grocery store footage. I also liked the picture of the puppy, and the following picture definitely had the shock factor. Maybe to improve it cut down a little of the quiet time and speed up the footage.

12. I liked how you included the chart in your video to show statistics since they illustrate the issues better than just saying numbers. Also I like your comparison of dog amputations vs. human amputations.

13. Alongside everyone else, I thought the shock and awe was very grabbing and made you think about some of the lifestyle choices you might be making and how you should change them. Very informative and live footage was awesome.