Week 4

Week 4

Days 24-28

Day 24

Today, La Preza opened which is the huge dam that has all the water for the city behind it. For the people that tried to see it, Luís didn’t make us have afternoon class in the afternoon. I went with Aileen, Phillip, Eva, Michaela, Sarah, and Naira to Café Tal to do homework and hang out. It was so fun and I had a great time getting to know them better. After that, I was picked up and I ate comida and finished homework. We had dinner and then stayed in that night.

IMG_3510.JPEG

Day 25

We didn’t have an afternoon class so I went with Aileen, Maddie, Sarah, and Hallie to the Mercado Hidalgo after our first class and we went shopping. I wasn’t feeling super great and so I went home as soon as I was done shopping and then they went away but came back later. After eating and homework, I went to Hallie’s house to celebrate her dad’s birthday. There was food and dancing which was super fun. We stayed for a couple of hours and we danced at the party and I even learned some dancing. Hallie’s parents danced and we all danced with our moms. It was fun to see all our families come together to celebrate. Megan’s family was there too and there were a few other people there too from Hallie’s host family’s extended family.

Day 26

Today I went to class and was feeling a little better, so I went to class, and then went with Megan and Sam after drawing class to the store. I was not feeling as good but then we went back to Megan’s house after the store so that she could make food for her family. I did my homework while there and hung out with Megan and Sam. I was picked up around 7:30 and then we went back to the house and ate some dinner.

Day 27

After the first class, Luis had to take me to the clinic because I have still been not feeling well. After that, I went to the second class of the day and we had more drawing. I went for a little bit with my friends and then back home to eat and rest to try to get my stomach back on track. There was a lunch party with some friends from out of town and I got to meet the other family that was there too. They were SO sweet and very nice.

Day 28

Pozole Verde

The photographer at the Salsa dancing club asked to take our picture for their Facebook page!

Today I had class and then it was also the last day of drawing class. I went with Sarah to watch her get her hair dyed. We met Naira and Blanca there because Naira was getting her hair dyed too. Blanca was also there, so I was there with them for a while and then went back. Sydney was staying with me because her dad is super sick. We went to a dinner party at Megan’s house  and her mom made Pozole Verde. The dinner party included Naira, Blanca, Luis, plus Hallie’s family, my family, and Sydney. After that, a bunch of us went out and went salsa dancing.