Google Ads vs Bing Ads

In my last blog post, I went over SEO and how it can improve your business. Today, I figured we would stay on the topic of search engines. Lets switch gears from SEO, and take a look into SEM! SEM stands for search engine marketing, and it refers to increasing your search rank through paid advertising. This method of marketing is also referred to as “paid search.” There are many viable platforms to choose from when designing a paid search campaign. Google and Bing offer the most popular paid search platforms, and I want to compare the two to help you decide what you should be using when trying to increase traffic to your website!

No alt text provided for this image

Advertising Networks:

Although Google Ads and Bing Ads are both PPC services, they are used primarily on different advertising mediums. Google Ads obviously revolves around Google. There are two main advertising networks on Google Ads. These are the search network, and the display network. On the search network, advertisers can create text ads that will appear at the top of a Google search. On the display network, advertisers can create ads that will be displayed across a wide variety of websites on the internet. Because Bing is owned by Microsoft, Bing Ads is generally more aimed towards the search engines Bing, Yahoo, and AOL. A cool feature is that when you create an advertisement using Bing, your ad will be published to all three of those search engines. While Google does have more users, this feature does help with the reach of Bing Ads.

Reach:

Speaking of reach, lets compare the reach of Google Ads and Bing Ads directly. According to the latest poll from Statista, Google owns about 88% of the search engine market share. If reach is your goal, Google reigns supreme. Does that mean it’s time to rule out Bing Ads? Well, it depends on who you are trying to reach. Nearly three quarters of Bing users are over the age of 35 (most likely due to not changing their default browser on a new PC). Also, Bing Ads do reach about 63 million users that aren’t reached by Google Ads. If your target audience is an older demographic, Bing may be a good option.

Cost:

Although Bing may not have the massive reach of Google, it is a far cheaper option. Bing Ads users usually spend about 20-35% of what Google Ads users do. Bing is much cheaper because it has far less advertisers bidding for ad spots. For companies on a budget, Bing may be a good move.

So should you be using Google or Bing for your paid search efforts? Like so many other questions in marketing, the answer is that it depends. Google obviously has the advantage in reach. It is the biggest search engine in the world, and for that reason Google Ads has become the most popular paid search platform in the world. If your goal is to get your ads in front of the eyes of as many users as possible, Google is a safe bet. However, Bing should not be totally counted out. It is a much cheaper option, and can be effective if you are trying to reach an older audience. If you can make it work, it would be best to use both platforms simultaneously. There are people out there who aren’t reached by Google Ads. Bing can be a useful tool in paid search marketing, and I would never discourage someone from using it.

How Can I Get People to My Website Using SEM?

No alt text provided for this image

For this topic, let’s imagine you work for a hypothetical university that is trying to increase general awareness and applications. Should you invest in SEM? Generally, paid search marketing is a great investment. In fact, according to the Economic Impact Report, advertisers on the Google Ads platform make $2 for every $1 spent. So how can you make sure that your investment is going to lead to conversions?

Know Your Audience: Understanding your target audience is the most important step of SEM. You should be thinking about what key words you want to build your SEM campaign around. If you are a university, bid for spots on searches that are related with school. You can also segment your audience by age. For example, you may want to have your advertisements reach 18 year old students who are just finishing up high school. Another huge component is local advertising. This could include bidding for local keywords such as the name of the city you are located in. You can also target your local audience by segmenting who you want your ad to reach by location. Getting locals to write reviews for your institution would also increase the local rank of your web page. If you have data on users who have visited your website before, you can take advantage of remarketing tools to reach those users again.

Have a High Quality Web Page: Platforms such as Google Ads rank websites based on their “quality score.” Your quality score is based on factors such as the relevancy of your ad, the click through rate of your ad, and the quality of your landing page. You can improve your quality score by creating extremely relevant ads. Instead of using “school” as a keyword, you could try out “apply for a marketing degree.”

Work on Your Landing Page: As I’ve discussed before, you can have a stellar ad, but if your landing page sucks then you wont create conversions. Create a simple, highly relevant landing page based around your marketing campaign. Also, it is crucial to make sure your landing page is fast and highly functional to increase your overall quality score.

SEO and SEM are two of the hottest topics in marketing. This is for good reason, as taking advantage of these tools can lead to a major increase in traffic and conversions. If you are looking to attract new customers, make sure you are optimizing your search engine strategies!

61 thoughts on “Google Ads vs Bing Ads

1. Data Science Training In Hyderabad says:

Great Post, Really very happy to say,your post is very interesting to read.I never stop myself to say something about it.You’re doing a great job.Keep it up

2. AWS Training ib hyderabad says:

Thanks for sharing such an informative post. Looking forward to see more of such informative posts from you

3. Elijah Aaron says:

With Google Ads, you can target users based on affinity, demographics, remarketing, similar audience and more. Most people would look at a graph like this, open up Google Adwords, and never look back. It’s at least half as expensive as Google AdWords.

4. johan william says:

Your article is very understandable I also want to say that Bing ads now plays a major role to increase the traffic and sales of your affiliate website. when you running a bing ad and you keep tracking the bing ads conversions affiliate marketing then more high chances to get traffic more on your website.

5. lisa says:

This is the right site for everyone who would like to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost tough to argue Merk kulkas 2 pintu terbaik with you (not that I actually would want to…HaHa). You definitely put a fresh spin on a topic which has been discussed for ages. Wonderful stuff, just great!

6. jerry low says:

After going over a handful of the blog articles on your website, I truly appreciate your technique of writing a blog. I bookmarked it Merk kulkas 2 pintu terbaik to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back in the near future. Please check out my website as well and let me know what you think.

7. johan william says:

After going over a handful of the blog articles on your website, I truly appreciate your technique of writing a blog. I bookmarked it gambirjantan to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back in the near future. Please check out my website as well and let me know what you think.

8. johan william says:

After going over a handful of the blog articles on your website, I truly appreciate your technique of writing a blog. I bookmarked it Merk kulkas 2 pintu terbaik to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back in the near future. Please check out my website as well and let me know what you think. Judi slot88

9. johan william says:

After going over a handful of the blog articles on your website, I truly appreciate your technique of writing a blog. I bookmarked it Merk kulkas 2 pintu terbaik to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back in the near future. Please check out my website as well and let me know what you think Ulas Togel Mania

10. johan william says:

After going over a handful of the blog articles on your website, I truly appreciate your technique of writing a blog. I bookmarked it Merk kulkas 2 pintu terbaik to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back in the near future. Please check out my website as well and let me know what you think. mpo88

11. johan william says:

After going over a handful of the blog articles on your website, I truly appreciate your technique of writing a blog. I bookmarked it Merk kulkas 2 pintu terbaik to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back in the near future. Please check out my website as well and let me know what you think jus tigasubatsakitlutut

12. seema says:

After going over a handful of the blog articles on your website, I truly appreciate your technique of writing a blog. I bookmarked SEO Agency in Vancouver it Merk kulkas 2 pintu terbaik to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back in the near future. Please check out my website as well and let me know what you think

13. lisa says:

With Google Ads, you can target users based on affinity, demographics, remarketing, similar audience and more. Most Web Development in Vancouver people would look at a graph like this, open up Google Adwords, and never look back. It’s at least half as expensive as Google AdWords.

14. Lisa Bennet says:

Want to pay someone to take my online course? if you asking this from our tutor then Take My Online Course For Me hires the best tutor team to help you complete the online courses and challenging assignments. Our support is always available to answer any questions related to your course and provide assistance in resolving any issues that arise during assignments. Our online helpers have so much experience and understanding that they can answer any question.

15. luciana says:

Students may become upset and feel helpless because they lack background information from high school or other sources. A substantial quantity of foundational algebra knowledge and recalled information applicable to and linked with algebra is essential for mastering the subsequent levels of mathematics. Students often factor in extra time and motivation in their study schedules to ensure a smooth and fruitful transition to algebra. A firm grasp of elementary mathematics is necessary for algebra. However, having some familiarity with algebra is helpful for progressing through the material. Worrying won’t help and will just make matters worse. It appears that the sole key in doing well on the examinations is consistent ability. That is why it will be a smart idea to take my online algebra class for me.

16. hire someone to take my online class says:

Ease the academic load with the option to hire someone to take my online class. Whether a hectic schedule or challenging coursework, trusted professionals can take the reins of your virtual education journey. From attending lectures to completing assignments, these services offer a personalized approach to academic success. Confidential, reliable, and efficient, paying someone to do your online class provides a stress-free solution for those balancing multiple commitments. Focus on what matters most while experienced individuals handle the academic workload, ensuring you stay on track and achieve your educational goals without compromising other aspects of your life.

17. Michael Joseph says:

Do my class for me I need to do properly in this magnificence or it will negatively affect my lifestyle. If you can take the class for me, I could pay you to do it. I want someone who can write the checks and flip in the assignments in the vicinity of me. I also need a person to respond to questions that come up in elegance. I’m trying to find a person who can manage this for me that is truthful and knowledgeable.

18. Nautilus Marketing says:

Both Google Ads and Bing Ads have their merits depending on your target audience and campaign goals. Google tends to dominate in terms of search volume, while Bing can offer lower competition and potentially lower cost-per-click. Ultimately, it’s about testing both platforms to see which yields the best results for your business.
    Read More: Google advertising cost