The Northwest Coalition of Professional Staff in Higher Education (NCPS) is an alliance of higher education professional staff organizations in the Pacific Northwest that supports and advocates for its members through communication, education, and professional development opportunities. Its purpose is to foster cooperation and collaboration among professional staff at all higher education institutions in the Pacific Northwest in order to:
- Promote an active role to contribute in the decision-making process within the higher education system;
- Provide a voice on matters pertaining to professional staff welfare; and
- Sponsor professional development and educational opportunities to benefit both professionally and personally.
The primary activity of NCPS is the planning and implementation of an annual regional conference for professional staff employed at higher education institutions in the Pacific Northwest.
Membership in NCPS is open to any interested individuals holding professional staff positions at higher education institutions in the Pacific Northwest. Professional are highly trained and educated individuals who are engaged in administration, providing professional and technical services, research, instruction, counseling, advising, or fundraising to support their institution’s educational mission. Membership benefits include:
- Reduced registration rate
- Access to workshop presenter’s handouts
- Early notification of NCPS-sponsored events
- Eligibility to vote in NCPS Officer and Board of Director election
- Eligibility to serve as an officer or board member on NCPS
Annual dues are currently $25 and can be paid through the conference registration portal once open.