Western Washington University is committed to maintaining the privacy and security of personal information and other highly sensitive data that it collects and uses. Our privacy and public records obligations are governed by state policy, state and federal regulations, and now international regulations.
To reduce the complexities of attempting to comply with each regulation individually, Western has adopted the position of striving for the highest standards and has established a working group dedicated to:
- Reviewing how and why personal data is collected and used, and
- Taking proactive steps to mitigate security and/or privacy breaches.
In the works:
- Delegation of compliance ownership for specific privacy regulations is in progress. Official delegations made by the University President will be published in a University Compliance Matrix.
- A University policy on privacy and required standards are under development.
- Updates to training and policy manuals related to personal health information are in progress.
For additional information, concerns, or suggestions please contact the University Compliance Manager or email email@example.com.