Registration and Current Offerings
Fall 2019 Offerings
- Spanish: Level 1: Basic Conversation
Tuesday and Thursday 9-9:50 AM in LOCATION TBA (10/8-12/5)
- Spanish: Level 2: Basic Conversation
Tuesday and Thursday 12-12:50 PM in LOCATION TBA (10/8-12/5 )
- Spanish: Level 3: Written and Oral Communication Workshop
Tuesday and Thursday from 3-3:50 PM in LOCATION TBA (10/8-12/5)
- Spanish: Culture and Conversation
Monday 3-3:50 PM in LOCATION TBA (10/7-12/4)
- Spanish: Level 2/3: Written & Oral Communication
[Online] (16 10/7-12/6)
- Spanish: Conversation Partners
[F2F or Online] Arranged (10/7-12/6 )
What is the Employee Language Program?
- The ELP is an initiative put forth by the President’s Office in 2013 to support Western faculty and staff by offering free language workshops
- In recent years the ELP has expanded beyond workshops and now organizes events for the language learning community as a whole
- The workshops are the result of a combined effort by the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, the Department of Modern and Classical Languages and Extended Education.
- Essentially, we teach free language workshops for WWU faculty and staff and put on community events throughout the year
The Western Employee Language Program provides participants and facilitators opportunities to connect their personal and professional experiences with those of the Western community and promotes the growth of multicultural awareness through increasing their language proficiency.