Beat Diabetes!

There are 1.4 million new cases of diabetes each year in the United States of America, and it is the 7th leading cause of death. Our brochure targets young children, to inform them about diabetes and to give them resources on how to combat diabetes. Starting education at a young age is important, because many young people still have time to prevent diabetes. Type 1 diabetes are not preventable, so this brochure is mainly talking about type 2 diabetes, though there are ways to reduce the symptoms of Type 1 diabetes. In Type 2 diabetes, the body does not produce insulin properly to keep the blood glucose at normal levels.This causes hyperglycemia. By having a balanced and nutritional diet along with regular exercise, children can beat diabetes.

Loader Loading...
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Download

18 thoughts on “Beat Diabetes!

1. Awesome brochure! I love how you included games into it to encourage people to keep the brochure! I also love the bright colors, and the use of a single image on the inside. It was definitely eye catching.

2. Very informational! I especially like the games. It serves as a very interactive way of providing information to kids, and shows them what needs to be done in order to keep them away from putting themselves at risk of obtaining diabetes. I also really like the background (trees, etc.). An overall creative and informative project.

3. This is HANDS DOWN my FAVORITE of all the brochures and Prezis! I love that your target audience is kids, and that you have included ways for them to solidify the information in their developing brains! The use of bright colors draws in a child’s attention, and the interactive and informative games provide one more pathway to learning.

Great job!!!

4. The inside background of the brochure looks great and the inclusion of games was a great idea! You can tell what the target audiences is right away.

5. This brochure was incredibly cute! You all did a wonderful job tailoring it to your target audience. I thought the word find and maze was very clever and kid-friendly.

6. Great brochure, its very visually appealing. The games on the back are a great idea for the targeted audience.

-Tim

7. I really enjoy the overall appeal that your brochure has. It is color and eye catching. The information is presented in a format that is easy to read and simple enough even for a younger target group. Good job.

8. The layout and design of your brochure was excellent. Using things such as word searches and mazes is a great way to catch the attention of a young audience. Also, breaking down a complex disease into simpler terms was well done. Diabetes can be detrimental, so I appreciate the time spent educating our youth on this topic.

9. I like how you designed this brochure to be bright and catch the readers attention. I also like how you incorporated some tools that enable the person to interact with the brochure and not just read it and forget about it.

10. This is SO GREAT! Wonderful idea directing it directly to kids rather than going through the parents! I love how it is so colorful, simple and interactive! Great way to keep kids interested and teach them important information! Your visuals were fantastic and everything was put together really well! Great job!