Deleting Course from the Planning Document (Academic Year/Degree and Certificate Programs Only)
Applies to Academic Year and Degree/Certificate Programs Only — Does not apply to Summer Session.
In lieu of deleting courses from the planning document, please change the indicator in the “Department Approved” category. This gives departments the option to review and indicate whether an offering is supported or not.
By default, all offerings have “No” selected. If the department does not want to offer a course, this field should remain unchanged.
Tips for Working with the Excel Planning Document
Click on an item below to expand the tutorial.
Adding New Rows
You can add a new row by:
- Selecting an entire line:
- Right-click and select “Copy”:
- Right-click on a row title (located on the left) and select “Insert Copied Cells”:
- The new line will be inserted above the highlighted row:
Adding Courses to the Planning Document
- Add a new row (if needed) following the instructions above.
- Complete the following fields in the Planning Document:
- Delivery Mode
- Department Prefix
- Course Number
- Minimum Enrollment
- Maximum Enrollment
- Meeting Days and Times
Additional information may be necessary, review the planning information to determine if you need to complete any other fields.
- In the CRN field, enter the word “Add”:
- After the course is added, be sure to change the “Department Approved” status to “Yes”:
- Review the entry to ensure all fields are completed:
- Extended Education will set-up the course in Banner, once the approved Planning Document has been returned via the eSign form.
Reviewing the Compensation Information
Compensation information can be found in the UFWW CBA.