Hookah Brochure

“We aren’t old enough to get into the bars, let’s go to a hookah lounge.. it’s fun and safer than smoking cigarettes!” Have you heard something similar to this? Smoking hookah is advertised throughout society as being a safe alternative to smoking cigarettes. What users may not realize is that in a 60 minute session, they are in inhaling the equivalent of 100 cigarettes. As popularity in this ancient form of smoking rises, it is important for the youth to see how damaging hookah can be and that there are NO safe alternatives to smoking. 

Loader Loading...
EAD Logo Taking too long?

Reload Reload document
| Open Open in new tab

Download

25 thoughts on “Hookah Brochure

1. This is a really interesting topic and I am so glad you chose to do it! I think there are a lot of misconceptions regarding hookah and its dangers! I also really enjoyed how eye-catching the pictures and graphics were.

2. I think you guys did an amazing job on this! The overall look of the brochure is very professional and definitely eye catching. You can tell that the target group is around college age, being in a blog for a college I would say that’s a good choice. There is interesting fact and statistics which could easily lead a target group to wanting to learn more. This brochure can serve as a reality check for youth. Great job!

3. There was a nice ratio of words to pictures. It was an easy read that led the reader on to continue reading the brochure. I like that there was a breakdown of what a hookah is and how it works. I wish there had been more information on the effects it can have on your body however. In all, a good brochure!!

4. I loved the “Short Answer”! Is case there was any doubt that Hookah was a bad thing, your picture of diseased lungs erased that doubt! Nice job!

5. The target audience of this brochure is very clear and the formatting and word choice is easily accessible to that audience. I liked how creative this was, rather than just going over the typical what it is, risk factors, treatment, preventions, of LRD. It was informative and well thought out!

6. I really liked this brochure! I loved that the focus was on hookahs and that you addressed that it is no better than smoking cigarettes. Also, that you kept it simple and straight to the point. I also think that explaining how a hookah actually works was really good and just helps the reader understand it as a whole better and really see that it is no better than smoking cigarettes. Great job!

7. I loved that this brochure included more pictures and information that was motivating instead of just a bunch of text in a doctors office. This was very simple, yet eye catching. You guys did a great job!!

8. Wow, 100 cigarettes, ey? Thank you for the information. The comparison is quite shocking. I also appreciate the layout of the brochure, as when you open it, the answer to whether hookah smoking is better than cigarette smoking is displayed. However, it was a little “fear laced”. I would imagine it might be useful to explain why smoke is harmful to the lungs, or what exactly is the shisha contents.

9. I think the colors are good for showing risk. Red helps highlight facts. I think it would have been useful to talk about how often people use hookah when they are hookah “users”.

10. I really enjoyed the front cover. That would make me want to pick up the brochure. The first page on the inside would have kept me through the whole brochure. Nice Job

11. I think this was a really good choice in topic! I would have liked a bit more facts on the “more facts” page because having the quotes right underneath that heading is a bit misleading.

12. I didn’t know that 60 minutes of hookah was equal to smoking 100 cigarets! This brochure was very eye catching as well, nice job!

13. That is AMAZING that one 60 minute hookah session is the equivalent to smoking 100 cigarettes! Wow! My sister used to smoke hookah and I had the opportunity to try it also but declined…I’m glad I did, although I know smoking it only one time wouldn’t do as much damage as smoking it regularly. I’m also very surprised that more people aren’t aware of the dangers of hookah. I had no idea how damaging it can be to our body. Great work on your brochure. Lots of interesting facts, but not too many where I would get bored.

14. I like the topic choice of Hookah. I know it’s a super popular thing among high schools and college students, and I think people have a lot of misconceptions about it. I like how you made it clear it is not a safe alternative to cigarettes. Good Work!

15. I did not know that hookah was so bad for you and that only 5% of nicotine is filtered by the water. Thats horrible and why are hookah bars even legal?!?!

16. Great use of photos as well as the conservation of the colour scheme, this gives the broch a very professional look. Love the topic you choose its a very important subject that needs to be looked at.

-Tim

17. Your brochure was really eye catching and provided a lot of shocking statistics. I wasn’t really aware of the harmful effects of hookah prior to looking at your brochure but I definitely got the idea that it is as bad or even worse for you than cigarettes are. This brochure would be good for high school and college age students who may not know better.

18. I love that your group decided to focus on Hookah rather than typical cigarette smoking. I didn’t know that one hour of hookah smoking is equivalent to 100 cigarettes. You had good eye catching images and facts. Great job.

19. I think it was an interesting idea do use such a specific topic for the brochure. It is definitely eye catching with the large graphics and bright fonts. I think that using the inside flap to communicate something so directly could be an effect choice, especially for someone who maybe would choose not to read the whole brochure, they would at least get that message. The digram of the hookah was kind of a fun little infographic, and it made the brochure more accessible to all readers and not just those who have used a hookah before.

20. This is incredibly interesting to me because I know so many people who have told me that smoking Hookah is completely harmless and is just used as a social gathering. I think it would be a great idea to be able to get this brochure out to the public, especially in high schools and colleges. Well done on the brochure guys! Your information was concise and well constructed.

21. This was super Interesting to me! A lot of students from my high school would go the hookah lounge since they were not old enough to drink. I think this brings up a really good point about the dangers of smoking hookah, I am glad you shared this information. Great theme and Diagram!

22. Intro paragraph really got me interested in learning about how hookah’s are harmful. I knew inhaling anything was bad for your lungs but I did not know to what extent. This brochure was really informative and I think is especially useful for young people. Very good job!

23. I like this brochure because it’s very relevant to society today. It’s very informative and can be used to teach others the misconception of the hookah!

24. I like the color scheme and your audience catching facts. You did a great job of grabbing and keeping my attention with the quick facts, pictures and the right amount of information. I had no idea how dangerous hookah is and how much it is looked at as nonthreatening. Good presentation of the information!