2019 Guests

Mister Loki
Mister Loki, a queer comics creator who also works as a pediatric oncology nurse. His work focuses on increasing minority representation in comics inspired by his experiences as a queer southeast Asian transman.

The Comics Place
The Comics Place is Bellingham’s oldest and best comic book store, serving your heroic needs since 1982! We strive to provide a positive, open environment where everyone can enjoy a good comic!

Student Artists

Eli I.
Eli is a 20 year old transgender artist from Everett, Washington with a love for pastels, monsters, and cute things. You can find his art on YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram, as well as support him on Patreon and Ko-Fi all under the handle d00dle_gh0st. He is also a freelancer and always looking for projects and things to collaborate on, including illustrations, animations, character design, games, and logos.

Melissa B.
“I do drawings, stamps, and paintings, with anime/cartoon style. I also make pillows with bandannas. I am open to commissions and can do larger commissions for later pickup as well.”

Madi B.
Madi (also known as carnagekiid) is a bisexual artist in her first year at WWU and is double majoring in graphic design and dramatic writing. She has been drawing for as long as she can remember and especially likes character creation and concept art. Madi hopes to pursue a career in video game design and development.

Nani Corona Hae-Kyung
“My name is Nani Corona Hae-Kyung, and I am a self taught retro-technomancer. I mostly work with old sewing machines like my beaut Kenmore ‘55 and hand sewing. I get most of my supplies second hand from thrift stores, or from my late grandmothers, whose sewing boxes always give me new surprises! I love to make stuffed animals and trinket bags, as well as hand made pins.”

Emma B.
R.Rex (Emma) is a gay artist that puts the ‘multi’ in multimedia

Evelyn Hobbs – Evelyn Hobbs makes two kinds of embroidered art: bondage and geeky stuff. Both are mediums she uses to explore gender, sexuality, and life in general, but only one of them is something she works on while in class. Can you guess which?”

Elyse Miyake
Elyse Miyake is a student artist who specializes in multiple mediums, including watercolor, acrylic, oil, pastel, digital, and pen and ink. Creating works in a semi-realistic style, Elyse enjoys creating personal works that uncover topics of identity, sexuality, and mental health. When she isn’t making art, she’s making more art, drawing and painting portraits and self-portraits. Her greatest hope is that you can connect to her works in many ways and gain greater perspectives through them. Elyse is currently a junior at Western Washington University double majoring in Creative Writing and Art Studio.

Vincent H. – Character design, traditional still lives, furry art, fantasy characters and settings

Clubs

WWU Queer Resource Center

WWU Queer, Trans People of Color (QTPOC)

Out in Science

Whatcom Community College Queer Club